Helen Fong is a dedicated full-time Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher, Certified Yin Yoga Teacher, Certified Laughter Yoga Leader, and Certified Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher. She has trained in Halifax and Vancouver extensively with Bernie Clark, Biff Mithoefer, Barrie Risman, Bryan Kest, Cameron Gilley, Diana Batts, Eoin Finn, Maxine Jeffrey, Michi Morioka, Mike Munro, Philip Urso and Stephanie Calhoun.
Helen's therapeutic approach to teaching yoga clearly benefits those who study with her. Her unique take home messages at the end of class (OmWork) and community outreach through Karma classes, social media presence and television appearances continue a seamless connection with others to her passion. To live yoga on and off the mat every day.
It all began in 1998. She attended her first yoga class at Therapeutic Approach Yoga Studio while recovering from a motor vehicle accident and studying at Dalhousie University. To date, she has been a guest speaker at health & wellness shows, written for a newsstand magazine (Tone Zone), interviewed for radio, print and television through The Coast, Kings College radio & news magazine, CTV and CBC TV, as well as, appeared on seven seasons of Eastlink Television's 'Path of Yoga'.
• Communications Nova Scotia
• Department of Community Services
• Halifax Public Libraries
• IWK Health Centre
• Nova Scotia Health Authority, Central Zone
• St. Andrew's Community Centre
• Therapeutic Approach Yoga Studio
• Trade Centre Limited
• Various Private & Semi-Private Clients
• Halifax Metro News, November 11 to 13, 2016 Weekend Edition. From laughter yoga and musicals to craft fairs: 5 things to do in Halifax this weekend. Written by Haley Ryan. Read it here...
• Brad Gouthro's Live Lean TV, Yoga for Beginners. Read & watch it here...
• East Coast By Choice. Stay fit for the holidays: Body, Mind, Spirit. Read it here...
• The Coast, January 17, 2013. Just for laughs. Read it here...
• The Signal, King's College News Magazine. February 2017. Watch it here (starts at 21:14)
• Bugle-Observer. June 14, 2016. Laughing Your Way to Wellness.
Read it here...
• CTV Morning Live. Hip Hop Yoga. March 18, 2016.
Watch it here..
• King's College Radio Room. November 26, 2015. Laughter Yoga at the library.
Listen to it here...