Helen Fong is a dedicated full-time Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher, Certified Yin Yoga Teacher, Certified Laughter Yoga Leader, and Certified Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher who has been teaching yoga since 2006. She has trained in Halifax and Vancouver extensively with Barrie Risman, Bernie Clark, Biff Mithoefer, Bryan Kest, Cameron Gilley, Diana Batts, Eoin Finn, Maxine Jeffrey, Michi Morioka, Mike Munro, Philip Urso and Stephanie Calhoun.
Helen's therapeutic approach to teaching yoga clearly benefits those who study with her. Her unique take home messages at the end of class (OmWork) and community outreach through Karma classes, social media presence and television appearances continue a seamless connection with others to her passion. To live yoga on and off the mat every day.
It all began in 1998. She attended her first yoga class at Therapeutic Approach Yoga Studio (TAYS) while recovering from a motor vehicle accident and studying at Dalhousie University. To date, she has been a guest speaker at health & wellness shows, written for a newsstand magazine (Tone Zone), interviewed for radio, print and television through The Coast, Kings College radio & news magazine, CTV and CBC TV, as well as, appeared on seven seasons of Eastlink Television's 'Path of Yoga'.
• Atlantica Hotel & Marina Oak Island
• Atlantis Synchro
• Bayers Westwood Family Resource Ctr
• Breathing Space Yoga Studios
• Canadian Federation of Nurses Union
• Canadian Fish Inspection Agency
• Capital Health
• Charles P. Allen High School
• CMI Pier 21
• Communications Nova Scotia
• Context Consulting
• Dalhousie University
• Dept. of Community Services
• Dept. of Labour & Advanced Education
• Events East, Scotiabank Centre/WTCC
• Feed Nova Scotia
• Halifax Public Libraries
• Healing and Cancer Foundation
• Infinite Solutions Bookkeeping & Accounting
• Ivan Place, Northwood Bedford Campus
• InteRACT, post-brain injury support
• IWK Health Centre
• Joyful Yoga Studio
• Kids and Company
• Luckett Vineyards
• Manulife Financial
• New Direction Dartmouth
• Nova Scotia Early Childhood Development Intervention Services
• Nova Scotia Health Authority, Central Zone
• Nova Scotia Teachers Union
• Royal Canadian Mounted Police
• Schizophrenia Society of N.S.
• Synchro N.S.
• Therapeutic Approach Yoga Studio
• TRAAC (Therapeutic Recreation Assoc.)
• Workers Compensation Board of N.S.
• YMCA Center for Immigrants
• Various One-on-One Private Clients
• Halifax Metro News, November 11 to 13, 2016 Weekend Edition. From laughter yoga and musicals to craft fairs: 5 things to do in Halifax this weekend. Written by Haley Ryan.
Read it here...
• Brad Gouthro's Live Lean TV, Yoga for Beginners.
Read & watch it here...
• The Coast, January 17, 2013. Just for laughs.
Read it here...
• The Signal Ep.4 2017, King's College News Magazine. February 2017. Watch it here (starts at 21:14)
• Bugle-Observer. June 14, 2016. Laughing Your Way to Wellness.
Read it here...
• CTV Morning Live. Hip Hop Yoga. March 18, 2016.
Watch it here..
• King's College Radio Room. November 26, 2015. Laughter Yoga at the library.
Listen to it here...